1 – 8 September 2020
About the course
Sue Ford aims to help her students create a solid foundation of artistic techniques whilst developing their own style in a relaxed and comfortable learning environment, ensuring every student benefits from the painting holiday, regardless of experience.
Working in watercolour, acrylic, pastels and collage, this week of exciting painting will focus on different sketching ideas, with permanent and soluble pens, and look at ways to turn your sketches into vibrant paintings you’ll be proud of. There will also be the opportunity to try your hand at collage work.
With demonstrations and patient, professional, one-to-one tuition, Sue Ford encourages students to develop their individual work, inspiring them to move forward with confidence in their own artistic direction.
The holiday runs from 4pm on Tuesday 1 September to 10am, after breakfast, Tuesday 8 September (6 days’ tuition, 7 nights’ accommodation)
About the tutor
Sue Ford is a gifted and experienced artist and established art teacher. She revels in a widely varied range of subjects and has experimented with just about every possible medium in her development as an artist, so that she is equally at home with watercolour, pastel or mixed media.
Sue lives in North Yorkshire. As a fully-qualified Further Education Art Teacher, Sue demonstrates and teaches weekly in adult education classes and during a series of popular weekend workshops and residential holidays.
Sue Ford’s art is exhibited widely through local and national exhibitions and galleries, and also at The Royal Society of Marine Artists (RSMA) and the Society of Women Artists in Mall Galleries, London. Sue is a professional member of the Society of All Artists (SAA). She always tries to make herself available for painting and drawing demonstrations, art workshops and painting commissions.
To find out more about Sue Ford and her work, visit her website at: www.sueford.co.uk
- Watercolours ( either pans or tubes) in Lemon yellow, Cadmium yellow, cadmium red, ultramarine blue, Cerulean blue, cobalt Violet and burnt sienna
- Watercolour brushes, no 6 round, 1 inch flat, and no 3 rigger
- Watercolour paper (quarter imperial)
- Masking tape
- Pens – sepia permanent drawing pens, a water soluble pen in either sepia or black and a black felt tip permanent pen
- Acrylics – small tubes of colours, similar to the watercolour palette plus a larger tube of Titanium white
- Canvas boards, acrylic paper or canvasses
- Old colour magazines for collage (Sue will have some with her)
- Sketch book, 2b pencils, putty rubber
- Bag to carry materials
- Extras- sun hat, camera, iPad is useful if you have one, view finder, kitchen roll, baby wipes, sun cream
The studio is equipped with some easels and boards but you may prefer your own lightweight ones for painting outside. A lightweight stool/chair is useful.
All inclusive holiday prices
£975 resident – single room
£890 resident – sharing a room
£610 non-painting partner – sharing a room
Price includes accommodation; breakfast with cooked option, lunch; 2-course dinner with coffee after; tuition; use of studio, with tea and coffee available all day. Painting materials not included.