23 – 28 July 2018
About the course
Studio-based experimental work will be the main theme of this four-day mixed media course, with the chance to try some abstract watercolour techniques and acrylic work, flower painting, portraits, landscapes, seascapes etc. There will also be the chance to paint outside, around the grounds of Old Shorland, and, weather permitting, the option to travel to nearby places of interest, should people wish to do so.
About the Artist
Anthony Barrow, BA (Hons) Fine Art, is a lecturer for Wigan Council, providing classes and demonstrations to art groups and students throughout the region. As a freelance lecturer he travels around Lancashire and Cheshire, as well as teaching his own art groups.
Anthony is predominantly a figurative painter with a prolific output, which overflows into landscape, still life and abstract painting. Chiefly commissioned-based, his vast experience and natural talent for capturing the underlying character of his sitters have led to numerous projects He has exhibited throughout the UK and has work in private collections across Europe and the USA.
This mixed media holiday runs from 4pm Monday to 10am (after breakfast) Saturday, and includes four days’ tuition and five nights’ accommodation.
- Watercolour paints – Cotman student quality. Burnt Sienna, Ultramarine Blue, Viridian Green, Alizarin Crimson are the four main colours with Cadmium Red and Cadmium Yellow, then Cobalt Blue, Cerulean Blue.
- Acrylics – Ultramarine Blue, Phthalo Green, Alizarin Crimson, Burnt Sienna, Titanium White and Cadmium Yellow.
- Paper: Watercolour paper: Bockingford 200lb extra rough half imperial sheets, or quarter imperial sheets (or your own preference). Lining paper provided.
- Watercolour and acrylic brushes: large mop or squirrel hair brushes for washes, half inch flat or filbert, and a couple of round sable brushes. Bristle or nylon brushes for acrylics
- Other equipment: Galleria Acrylic Gesso (provided), palette, pencils; erasers; water-pot; plastic bottle for water; masking tape; a flat MDF or hardboard, at least 20 x 26 inches; metal easel light enough to carry (provided), folding chair if you prefer to sit.
All inclusive holiday prices:
£640 Resident single room
£580 Resident sharing
£385 Non-painting partner (sharing a room)
How to book
To check availability, request a booking form, or for more details, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call Mark or Sandy on 01598 763505.