Shorland cottage is available to hire independently for a self-catering holiday. Also useful for groups booked into the main house who require separate accommodation for any reason. Located between the main farmhouse and the studio, the cottage is fully self-contained, with a light and airy open-plan living/dining/kitchen area upstairs, and two bedrooms and a bathroom downstairs.
Upstairs is a bright and airy living/dining area, with kitchen to one corner and stairs down to bedrooms and bathroom. Two sofas, Freesat TV with DVD player, extending dining table with chairs, wood-burning stove and electric heater.
The kitchen, opening off the living room, has a hob, oven, fridge-freezer, microwave, washer-dryer, and a door opening onto covered seating area at the rear of the cottage, with wooden picnic table and small lawn.
Downstairs there are two bedrooms and a family bathroom with toilet, bath, separate shower, and heated towel rail.
Bedroom 1 can be made up with twin beds or super-king double. Bedroom 2 has twin beds. An extra child’s bed can be provided in main bedroom if required. Please note, the second bedroom is small. While fine for two children, it is really only suitable for one adult. Both bedrooms have electric heaters.
- Bed linen & towels are provided – please bring your own beach towels.
- Electricity costs, and one basket of logs, are included in the cost of your stay.
- You may be able to connect to wi-fi in the cottage, depending on your device, but please don’t rely on it. If you are able to pick it up, the connection is slow and often erratic (this is rural Devon). Mobile phone signals are hit and miss out here too.
- Because of the first floor stairwell access and downstairs bathroom, the cottage is unsuitable for those with limited mobility. The stairs, along with the ponds and rivers on the property, may also mean it is unsuitable for small children
- Shorland Old Farm hosts art holidays throughout the year, so the gardens and grounds may be shared with guests enjoying art breaks
- No smoking in the cottage
- No pets
Cottage rates 2017
3 nights £270 4 nights £360 5 nights £425 6 nights £510 7 nights £560
The 2017 tariffs apply across the whole twelve months except for 15 July – 31 August, and 24 December – 2 January, when a £100 supplement may be applicable and a minimum 7 day booking period may be required.
Cottage rates 2018
3 nights £360 4 nights £480 5 nights £600 6 nights £660 7 nights £770
Tariffs apply across the whole twelve months except for 14 July – 1 September, and 22 December – 5 January, when a minimum 7 day booking period may be required.
Booking terms and conditions
- Deposit: A non-refundable deposit of 30% of the holiday price is required to confirm a booking with the balance due four weeks prior to the start of the holiday.
- Cancellation: If bookings are cancelled after full payment is made, we are unable to refund any balances. In this event, guests should refer to their own holiday insurance.
- If a holiday is cancelled by us for any reason, all payments already made will be refunded in full.
- The person making the booking is responsible for all communications regarding that booking, and for all payments due.
- The cottage is available from 4pm on the day of arrival to 10am on the day on departure.